WHAT IS INFLUENCING YOU IN THIS SEASON?

People often ask, ”So what good books have you read recently”.

When someone asks that question they are interested in knowing what is influencing your thinking and what is having an impact on shaping ones life in real space and time. For me I currently have two sources that are having maybe the most significant impact on shaping my perspectives in this season of my life and they are not books but two people. Tyler Ward and Jared Black. (Ana Lee & Steph very much appreciated as well). We spend a lot of time together and we talk a lot, about life, the kingdom and just we’re we are at in the small scheme of things.

To a certain degree I understand the grid I’m working with but a true understanding of the data of life is even more crucial. I am dated and they are freshly current so I constantly hear gems of wisdom or insight or perspective that realign my pursuit of True North. To me they are brilliant friends and deep wells to draw from and I always carry my bucket. My bucket is made up of questions, pursuits, ponderings and a quest for life and to share life. I think they like the bucket because we so often are all gleefully surprised when we see what comes up out of them, from within the halls of their personhood. They make Jesus’ words ring true “for the kingdom of God is within you”. They are my books and true friends having a big impact on my world my life and my future.

Thanks guys.